- Career Options for MBAs - Real world advice from industry veterans on investment banking, consulting, Global 500 Companies, entrepreneurship and choosing the right career
- Discovering Your Career in Business - Specific advice on choosing the perfect business career
- The Harvard Business School Guide to Careers in Finance - Details trends in finance, insights on career self-assessment, industry career opportunities, and guidance on recruiting
- The Harvard Business School Guide to Careers in the Nonprofit Sector - Career histories of 34 Harvard Business School alums who have carved out successful and personally-rewarding lives in the nonprofit sector
- The Harvard Business School Guide to Finding Your Next Job - Includes detailed strategies for approaching the job market
- The Official Guide to Financing Your MBA - Guide to paying for an MBA, including costs and financial aid available at hundreds of U.S. colleges
- Top 50 MBA Employers - A review of America's top employers for MBAs, including Fortune 500 corporations, management consulting firms, investment banks, venture capital & LBO firms, and banks
- Careers-in-Business.com - Designed to help you find a rewarding career in the field of business
- Peterson's Job Opportunities: Business - Information on more than 1,000 companies and agencies with opportunities in accounting, banking, financial analysis, marketing, market research, hospitality management, consulting, sales, and more
Learning to determine and negotiate one's fair market value takes time and practice. This article by Linda Stantial of the MIT Sloan School of Management offers material to help you prepare to approach salary discussions with comfort and confidence, covering how to discuss your future compensation in the context of a job interview.
- Wall Street Journal Career Page - An excellent collection of articles, job listings, and national and global economies, and also includes an on-line career tool kit
- BizWeb - A guide to more than 40,000 companies, searchable by over 200 categories
- Business Researcher's Interests - Comprehensive library of business, management and technology resources
Job Listings - General
- MonsterTrak.com - Jobs for new graduates
- Monster.com - Listings of current job openings in a variety of business-related fields
- BankJobs.com - Seachable job database, financial resumes, employer profiles and more
- JobBankUSA.com - Employment and resume information services for job candidates, employers and recruitment firms
- MBA Global Net - Resources for MBA grads looking for employment
- MBAJobs.net - International service for MBA students & graduates, employers & recruiters, and business schools
Job Listings - Top Employers
- Occupational Outlook Handbook - Excellent resource from the Bureau of Labor Statistics with hundreds of specific jobs, including work descriptions, job outlook, salary expectations and more
- US Census Bureau - Includes business and job data from the most recent census
- Job Seekers Guide to Wall Street Recruiters - Profiles over 1,600 executive search firms that concentrate on the financial services sector
- The Harvard Business School Guide to Finding Your Next Job - A program for a reference base, résumés and cover letters, locating openings, handling interviews, and negotiating offers
- Salary Negotiation Strategies - Links and books on the topic
- The Riley Guide - An excellent collection of links with salary surveys from around the world for specific industries, positions and locations
- Consortium for Graduate Study in Management - A university alliance working to facilitate the entry of minorities into managerial positions in business
- Job Search Assistance - Articles and links from About.com
Business Professional Interviews
- Despite all we have heard about Enron, financial executives are ethical people, quite conscious of doing the right thing, says Yale IFC Director Dr. William Goetzmann.
- A world leader in oil and gas market analysis and former Energy Advisor to the Prime Minister of Iran, Dr. Fereidun Fesharaki shares his insight on the industry.
- If you want to embark on a career in marketing, psychology is a great place to start. Read more from former Ocean Spray Marketing Guru Bob Fallon here.
- Brian Hall, Account Director & Partner of a $30M Ad Agency discusses Education and Careers in Marketing and Advertising.
- Interview with printing industry executive, Buster Weinzierl - fast track business career advancement through a focus on people.
- Michael S. Olson, CEO of the American Soc. of Association Executives, discusses the power of networking and what it takes to succeed in management.
- Perseverence and Prayer are just two ingredients to a successful career. Advertising Agency President Jamie Allebach tells his story here.
- Do you love business and travel? International Business may be for you. Interview: Dr. Vijay Govindarajan, distinguished professor at Dartmouth's Tuck School of Business.
- Looking for a business specialty that is in demand? Management Information Systems (MIS) graduate & AOL Systems Administrator Pete Jones talks about this rewarding field.
- More than just numbers, accounting is a dynamic profession requiring creative and analytical skills to serve each clients' unique needs. We interview CPA Michael Aukamp.